Sunday, May 24, 2009

The lamp with the painted lamp shade was a recent find of mine. I found it at Marshall's BUT here is the kicker...I didn't buy it. That's right! I didn't buy it! I hate when that happens. I rarely have a moment like that. You find something you really like and don't buy it. Rarely do I REALLY like something this much either. I suppose I could get a white lampshade and paint it with some cool flowers like this one. Maybe I will.... In fact I have a lamp I recently purchase for the top of the armoire in the living room. I could paint that shade. If I do I will post it. I nevere really thought to paint a lamp shade. How should I do it? Just like this one or my own design. My shade is a little different in shape, smaller at the top and larger at the bottom. Anyone in Blogland paint a lampshade before? If so do you have any pointers for how to do it so it doesn't run down the sides Maybe just really thick paint, control and a prayer?!?!?!?!

2 comments:

  1. I don't have any tips but I say go for it. Whats the worse that will happen-you might need to buy another lamp shade. Not a big deal! DO IT!!!! I so want to see it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just may have to...I have thought about it for a long time!

    ReplyDelete