Saturday, May 23, 2009

Art-O-Mat

I had actually been out and about to several different little stores and saw these intriguing little cigarette machines that had art in them. I had to find out more. I went to Canvas Monkey in NoDa to find out what it was called and then came home to find out just how you can put your own art in one. I had to make a prototype and send it in, get it judged by the folks there and I was chosen. I love to dabble in photography so it was the natural choice of things to place in the Art-O-Mat for me. I have actually sold a few pieces prior to putting them in Art-O-Mat so that makes me a semi-pro. ;) So, I digress to deciding on my idea. I figured why just place my photo in a box and have it vended. I decided that because they are cigarette machines I would place the photos in 'match books' to have a clever play on the original intent. Aren't they cute? Each package has two photos inside the matchbook and a story about me, my e-mail address and other information. I have sold quite a bit so far and anticipate having to start getting my second order ready soon. My pieces have been split between two machines. One in Tampa, Florida and another in The Kentucky Center. It was pretty exciting to get that first check in the mail. Knowing that I sold so many pieces was the coolest thing. I don't know what I will place in the Art-O-Mat next order. I need to start to think about it. Anyone else have their art in the Art-O-Mat Galleries/Machines? Show me your art. Does anyone want to join Art-O-Mat? It is easy. Here is the link...http://www.artomat.org/home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment