Saturday, May 23, 2009

Garbage Lasagna.... YUM!

I love lasagna! I love most Italian food. My second favorite type of food. My Mom made lasagna for us when we were kids. I can remember helping her. We'd boil the noodles that had that sort of lace edge. They would always stick together and it was kind of a big deal to hold the hot noodles while assembling the lasagna. I use the noodles that you don't cook first by Barilla and I think it is just as good. I did like eating the scraps that we didn't use though. My lasagna is a little more in depth than what my Mom made. Probably because she had two picky kids to try and please. So for the recipe of Garbage Lasagna read below...

1 Box of Lasagna Noodles (The uncook kind)

1/2 an onion (Carmelize)

1/2 a green pepper (Cooked)

1 Package of Ground Chicken (Brown it and season to taste~ then add in the onions and peppers)

1 Jar of Pasta Sauce

1 Bag of Uncooked Spinach (Triple washed)

1 Sm. Low Fat Ricotta Cheese

1 Pk. Mushrooms

1 bag of Mozarella Cheese

Parm. Cheese (Sprinkle in the layers for flavor)

Salt, Pepper, Italian Seasoning (Oregano)

ADD anything that you like to it...Whatever is left over in the fridge and pantry...I always make it a little differeent with the same concept in mind. It is just as delicious with no meat in it. I have had vegitarians over to eat and they have been just as happy with it as when I make it with meat in it. People that come over have actually requested it. It is delicious! Make your own Garbage Lasagna!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment