Sunday, May 24, 2009

Doors

Doors...It seems like such an overlooked item. You use doors everyday, probably way more than you even think about. You just open it and enter your destination. I guess I just enter and head off to my destination just like you. I never really notice them or care what they look like until I run into one that is beautiful, colorful, shaped unusual, excessively heavy or even one that seems to be in disrepair. Most people would say this is the door in disrepair but I think this door is so beautiful. I have a large amount of photos that are just doors. This is my favorite. The funny thing about it is it says in black marker printed 'door in progress'. I personally think it is perfect and just needs a coat of sealer to finish it off. This door was in Balboa Park in San Diego. I felt fortunate to get this photo before they 'finished it'. I would eventually like to have a series of cards, prints or some project with the doors on them.
"Beauty in the overlooked" is what I think this photo's title should be. I am sure you will see more of my doors on here in the future. They are a kind of collecton.

No comments:

Post a Comment